Monday, August 16, 2010

The Great Pizza Race 2010 - Aug 15th

Today, at 7:10pm, 3 people at my home placed orders at 3 different pizza places. Everyone was instructed to order a medium, one-topping pizza for delivery. My mother called Domino's and ordered 1 medium cheese pizza. She was told that her order did not meet the minimum cost for delivery, but the employee recommended upgrading to extra cheese. The total was $13.25 and she was told the pizza would arrive in 45-60 minutes. Andy called Mr. Gatti's and ordered 1 medium pepperoni pizza. He was told that a large, three-topping pizza would actually be cheaper so he upgraded to a large pizza with double pepperoni. The total was $12.98 and he was quoted a 45 minute wait. Lastly, I called Papa John's and order 1 medium cheese pizza. My phone call was the shortest because they were satisfied with my order and had my address on file. I was charged $12.76 and told to wait 45 minutes. The race was on. The first pizza to arrive was Papa John's after a 29 minute wait. Next was Mr. Gatti's, 32 minutes after being ordered. Last was Domino's, 37 minutes after the order was placed. Each pizza made it within the quoted time, but Papa John's was voted the favorite by the diners. Mr. Gatti's was certainly the best deal. Eventually I will post the picture of the 3 pizzas side by side so that you may make your own conclusions about pizza size and quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment